Sign up for (occasional, useful) CCW announcements!
If victims truly justified crimes against them based on where they were, what they were wearing, and what they were showing off, the entire country would descend on Wall Street to mug anyone with a BMW.— Cracked.com
- Highlights from “Self Reliance”
- 1. go out 2. go in 3. prophet
- Everything I Need To Know I Learned From Napping
- The Five Higher Laws
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 1)
- What’s so Dumb about Self-Help?
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 2)
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 3)
- God is Totally Naked
- The Problems with Farming Detroit
- Taking & Letting Go
- Logic vs. Depression: FIGHT!
- We Are Humanity (a Shaolin Prayer)
- Something Shakespeare Forgot
- Not Why I Hate Religion
- Stuck Embodied: Lessons in Exercise
- Buddha teaches the Internet: How to correct someone and not be an asshole
- How to Not Go Crazy
- Synthesis & Time Travel Advice
- This Is A Dark Age
- Art vs Liking It
- Religion & the Bechdel Test
- A Path that Diverges Eight Ways
- A Roundup of the Best Writing Advice
- Execute the cold virus(es)!
- You too can be an asshole
Category Archives: aesthetica
Make your interests gradually wider and more impersonal, until bit by bit the walls of the ego recede, and your life becomes increasingly merged in the universal life. An individual human existence should be like a river — small at … Continue reading
Writing advice doesn't replace practice — but if you want to be good at a thing, it's idiotic not to listen to masters of it as a way of augmenting your education. I've read SO much how-to-write advice, most mediocre, … Continue reading
The goal of art is NOT to make something people like. The goal of art is to make something honest, something real, something that successfully magnifies the Great Light Within and helps it be felt. This is why we know … Continue reading
I’m being told, by individual mouths as well as much of my culture, that I should be upset and/or ashamed that my body is, at age 38, no longer “perfect”. Well, it wasn’t perfect before. Or rather, if I looked … Continue reading
(Brought to you courtesy of Day 6 of the Dymaxion adaptation… :)) OK folks, time to open up: What are you reading right now? Should I read any of them?? Because this is my currently-reading list, so clearly I need … Continue reading
I've learned three really cool new phrases lately, in my studies of the nature of void! (shut up, we've all got hobbies) 1. Spacetime foam: The term for what space and time look like on a quantum (teeeeeeeeny) level, such … Continue reading
Today I randomly figured out that using capitalized passive verbs without subjects* is an elegant and simple way to write a phrase like "our God-given lives" in such a way that it fits with my spiritual understanding (I'm not a theist, … Continue reading
Here's a lovely poem that I had never heard before today: I felt a Funeral, in my Brain, And Mourners to and fro Kept treading – treading – till it seemed That Sense was breaking through – And when they … Continue reading
Both the single best TED talk I've ever seen, and one of the best *things* I've ever seen, period. I want to live in a world where everyone has watched this.