Sign up for (occasional, useful) CCW announcements!
No man chooses evil because it’s evil. He only mistakes it for happiness…— Mary Wollstonecraft
- Highlights from “Self Reliance”
- 1. go out 2. go in 3. prophet
- Everything I Need To Know I Learned From Napping
- The Five Higher Laws
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 1)
- What’s so Dumb about Self-Help?
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 2)
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 3)
- God is Totally Naked
- The Problems with Farming Detroit
- Taking & Letting Go
- Logic vs. Depression: FIGHT!
- We Are Humanity (a Shaolin Prayer)
- Something Shakespeare Forgot
- Not Why I Hate Religion
- Stuck Embodied: Lessons in Exercise
- Buddha teaches the Internet: How to correct someone and not be an asshole
- How to Not Go Crazy
- Synthesis & Time Travel Advice
- This Is A Dark Age
- Art vs Liking It
- Religion & the Bechdel Test
- A Path that Diverges Eight Ways
- A Roundup of the Best Writing Advice
- Execute the cold virus(es)!
- You too can be an asshole
Category Archives: for the heck of it
Still working on the site updates; thanks for being patient with me, everyone! Scalzi's doing a thing I thought I might jump in on (and you totally should too, if you want!) — Ten Things I've Done That You (Probably) … Continue reading
Today's Good Find: 21 Historically Significant Photos. I'm pretty sure at least one will make your eyes go big. This one was the first of several that did mine — it's Bruce Lee sparring with Ip Man, in 1955. … Continue reading
I looooooove summertime, and it's finally here! Today I wandered past my mirror, au naturel, and realized how very I-love-summer-y I looked, so I snapped a photo. After snapping it, I realized that it wasn't just stomach-muscles (well, some) and ridiculously … Continue reading
(A: Nothing is truly random. ;) Devoting a post to the ton of small wonderful things I've run across this week! MyFitnessPal: I've been looking for a simple app/site to help me track basic calories-in-calories-out forEVER, it seems — and … Continue reading
Wolfgang Goethe once said, "Colours are light's suffering and joy." Running across this quote made me so happy — and happy's been hard today; just adjustment in circumstances I suspect — because it shows such a brilliant perspective ability, and … Continue reading
Just a fun question that occurred to me today: Out of all the people you know, which handful would you most rather be stranded with if the real, apocalyptic shit were to hit the fan? (Not necessarily zombies — the … Continue reading
I love Lloyd’s blog, which is where I found this link to a(nother!) 60-something genius taking up skateboarding. “Embrace your craziness,” he says. “It’s the most sane part of you.” Um, HELL YES SIR. via HinesSight: Skateboarding.
Do not underestimate my time-travel device. It knows all.