Sign up for (occasional, useful) CCW announcements!
Drink to the dead all you still alive,
We shall join them in good time
Should you go crossing that silvery brook,
It’s best to leap before you look— Clutch
- Everything I Need To Know I Learned From Napping
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 1)
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 2)
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 3)
- God is Totally Naked
- The Problems with Farming Detroit
- Highlights from “Self Reliance”
- The Five Higher Laws
- What’s so Dumb about Self-Help?
- Taking & Letting Go
- How to Not Go Crazy
- We Are Humanity (a Shaolin Prayer)
- Something Shakespeare Forgot
- Not Why I Hate Religion
- Stuck Embodied: Lessons in Exercise
- Synthesis & Time Travel Advice
- This Is A Dark Age
- Religion & the Bechdel Test
- A Path that Diverges Eight Ways
- Execute the cold virus(es)!
- Polyphasic Reddit AMA
- You too can be an asshole
- Buddha teaches the Internet: How to correct someone and not be an asshole
Category Archives: for the heck of it
Still working on the site updates; thanks for being patient with me, everyone! Scalzi's doing a thing I thought I might jump in on (and you totally should too, if you want!) — Ten Things I've Done That You (Probably) … Continue reading
Today's Good Find: 21 Historically Significant Photos. I'm pretty sure at least one will make your eyes go big. This one was the first of several that did mine — it's Bruce Lee sparring with Ip Man, in 1955. … Continue reading
I looooooove summertime, and it's finally here! Today I wandered past my mirror, au naturel, and realized how very I-love-summer-y I looked, so I snapped a photo. After snapping it, I realized that it wasn't just stomach-muscles (well, some) and ridiculously … Continue reading
(A: Nothing is truly random. ;) Devoting a post to the ton of small wonderful things I've run across this week! MyFitnessPal: I've been looking for a simple app/site to help me track basic calories-in-calories-out forEVER, it seems — and … Continue reading
Wolfgang Goethe once said, "Colours are light's suffering and joy." Running across this quote made me so happy — and happy's been hard today; just adjustment in circumstances I suspect — because it shows such a brilliant perspective ability, and … Continue reading
Just a fun question that occurred to me today: Out of all the people you know, which handful would you most rather be stranded with if the real, apocalyptic shit were to hit the fan? (Not necessarily zombies — the … Continue reading
I love Lloyd’s blog, which is where I found this link to a(nother!) 60-something genius taking up skateboarding. “Embrace your craziness,” he says. “It’s the most sane part of you.” Um, HELL YES SIR. via HinesSight: Skateboarding.
Do not underestimate my time-travel device. It knows all.