Sign up for (occasional, useful) CCW announcements!
Communism, capitalism, socialism, whatever: we’ve never yet had any economic system that recognizes that we have to live on a living planet. Plankton and jungles make the air we breathe, but they have no place at our counting-house.— Bruce Sterling
- Highlights from “Self Reliance”
- Everything I Need To Know I Learned From Napping
- The Five Higher Laws
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 1)
- What’s so Dumb about Self-Help?
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 2)
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 3)
- God is Totally Naked
- The Problems with Farming Detroit
- Taking & Letting Go
- Logic vs. Depression: FIGHT!
- We Are Humanity (a Shaolin Prayer)
- Something Shakespeare Forgot
- Not Why I Hate Religion
- Stuck Embodied: Lessons in Exercise
- Buddha teaches the Internet: How to correct someone and not be an asshole
- How to Not Go Crazy
- Synthesis & Time Travel Advice
- This Is A Dark Age
- Art vs Liking It
- Religion & the Bechdel Test
- A Path that Diverges Eight Ways
- Execute the cold virus(es)!
- You too can be an asshole
Category Archives: haven
Maybe it’s the philosopher in me, but I don’t see how any argument against racism that depends on color to make its point is valuable in the long run. If the goal is to end racism, which I hope it … Continue reading
The process of working my way into grad school has begun. It could take less than a year, or less than a decade, or more than a decade, or maybe I’ll be one of those crazy old people working in … Continue reading
I bet you didn’t see this coming: The Food Issue (NY Times) Excerpt: Dear Mr. President-Elect, It may surprise you to learn that among the issues that will occupy much of your time in the coming years is one you … Continue reading
Okay, this falls under DO NOT MISS THIS OR I WILL COME TO YOUR HOME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND FORCE-FEED YOU PLASTIC EXPLOSIVES. You guys know about TED, right? Only the smartest people talking about the smartest, … Continue reading
Waugh, the future is intimidating! Being a metaphysics student at the moment, I can address the question of why something that doesn’t exist can be intimidating, or be anything, probably most efficiently using Yablo: The future is an existential metaphor … Continue reading