Sign up for (occasional, useful) CCW announcements!
You are something that the whole universe is doing, in the same way that a wave is something that the whole ocean is doing.— Alan Watts
- Highlights from “Self Reliance”
- Everything I Need To Know I Learned From Napping
- The Five Higher Laws
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 1)
- What’s so Dumb about Self-Help?
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 2)
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 3)
- God is Totally Naked
- The Problems with Farming Detroit
- Taking & Letting Go
- Logic vs. Depression: FIGHT!
- We Are Humanity (a Shaolin Prayer)
- Something Shakespeare Forgot
- Not Why I Hate Religion
- Stuck Embodied: Lessons in Exercise
- Buddha teaches the Internet: How to correct someone and not be an asshole
- How to Not Go Crazy
- Synthesis & Time Travel Advice
- This Is A Dark Age
- Art vs Liking It
- Religion & the Bechdel Test
- A Path that Diverges Eight Ways
- Execute the cold virus(es)!
- You too can be an asshole
Category Archives: underwater hockey!
A big chunk of my life was taken up recently with a) feeling hurt because of some of the effects of gender segregation in my beloved only-team-sport of Underwater Hockey; b) venting about that hurt on FB, which to my … Continue reading
Pretend you're a dark-skinned person. One day your friends tell you about a new, tiny, unofficial sports team they're in. They invite you to come play. You arrive and nope, there are no other dark-skinned people there, but also nobody … Continue reading
Difficulty concentrating today. Strange bruises up and down my forearms from spinning (staff-spinning! Am learning to spin staves and holy hellfire is it awesome). I tend to go looking for food when I'm tired. (Yes, when you're polyphasic … Continue reading
*bok* (This makes sense, I swear. I'm titling a post full of updates on things while making vague Thanksgiving references while poking the memory of one of my recent favorite books. Don't be scared; this kind of thing happens all the time … Continue reading
I am *so* thrilled to be writing this, from five a.m. on the day after a hockey game, having already started the laundry and made tea and puttered. I didn't get home from hockey until after 11, and I … Continue reading
OK, just a note here to say that underwater hockey (or UWH as you'll see it abbreviated) is stone cold freaking awesome. I don't even like competitive sports generally, but I've now played this one for about five months and … Continue reading
Found this neato (and huge!) infographic about naps, and it's interesting enough that even I learned something! Check it out if you'd like. I know you can't hang much on search terms, but it still weirds me out that the … Continue reading