Sign up for (occasional, useful) CCW announcements!
Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.— I Corinthians
- Highlights from “Self Reliance”
- Everything I Need To Know I Learned From Napping
- The Five Higher Laws
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 1)
- What’s so Dumb about Self-Help?
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 2)
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 3)
- God is Totally Naked
- The Problems with Farming Detroit
- Taking & Letting Go
- Logic vs. Depression: FIGHT!
- We Are Humanity (a Shaolin Prayer)
- Something Shakespeare Forgot
- Not Why I Hate Religion
- Stuck Embodied: Lessons in Exercise
- Buddha teaches the Internet: How to correct someone and not be an asshole
- How to Not Go Crazy
- Synthesis & Time Travel Advice
- This Is A Dark Age
- Art vs Liking It
- Religion & the Bechdel Test
- A Path that Diverges Eight Ways
- Execute the cold virus(es)!
- You too can be an asshole
Category Archives: lists
Still working on the site updates; thanks for being patient with me, everyone! Scalzi's doing a thing I thought I might jump in on (and you totally should too, if you want!) — Ten Things I've Done That You (Probably) … Continue reading
SO yesterday was a lot of semi-sensible-sounding sleep-and-diet, writing-and-practice stuff…but don't let that fool you; I still highly value the *other* kind of planning too, the kind that just lets it all explode out and let's see what sticks. Therefore, … Continue reading
OKAY. Whew. So I kicked that cold, and I got through the few days of bitterly cold and dry weather that had my knees rehearsing for what being ninety might be like, and actually I didn’t do that bad in … Continue reading
I’ve been shopping online since it was possible, for virtually (ha!) everything I can. For me, a good year is one in which I don’t have to buy a single Xmas or birthday present at a store. I don’t particularly … Continue reading
Every site has a gift-guide, it seems, and why should I be any different? Because I’m ALWAYS THE SAME, that’s why. Easy on the brain and forever marching in lockstep with all the other fish-kettle drummers, that’s me. So, here’s … Continue reading
Is everybody, even basically unassuming folks, just a little vain about something, or is it just me? I realized the other day that I’m quite vain about my hair. (To be fair, ignoring it would be difficult; it is Legion!) … Continue reading