Sign up for (occasional, useful) CCW announcements!
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That’s how the light gets in.— Leonard Cohen
- Everything I Need To Know I Learned From Napping
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 1)
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 2)
- Self Esteem for Smart People (Part 3)
- God is Totally Naked
- The Problems with Farming Detroit
- Highlights from “Self Reliance”
- The Five Higher Laws
- What’s so Dumb about Self-Help?
- Taking & Letting Go
- How to Not Go Crazy
- We Are Humanity (a Shaolin Prayer)
- Something Shakespeare Forgot
- Not Why I Hate Religion
- Stuck Embodied: Lessons in Exercise
- Synthesis & Time Travel Advice
- This Is A Dark Age
- Religion & the Bechdel Test
- A Path that Diverges Eight Ways
- Execute the cold virus(es)!
- Polyphasic Reddit AMA
- You too can be an asshole
- Buddha teaches the Internet: How to correct someone and not be an asshole
Category Archives: Uncategorized
So, I’m on my very first ever actual calorie-restriction diet. This is Day Two. I’ve had more fun. However, I probably also never have actually eaten this healthily, if health can be measured in quantities of raw vegetables. Anybody could … Continue reading
Just because it’s nice to report on a success story once in a while, check out this awesome missive sent to me by happy new polyphaser Greg: Hey PD, Just wanted to say that I’ve now been on the everyman … Continue reading
Yesterday, I lost a whole day to sleeping. I slept two extra hours in the morning, took probably 5-7 short naps (anywhere from 5 – 30 minutes each), and went to bed two hours early. I consider this to be … Continue reading
Alrighty folks, it’s time for the Transmogrification! The site will be up, down, and quite possibly inside-out for some unspecified portion of the weekend, as we switch to a new theme and hopefully better organization. Wish me luck!
Good news — I figured out what I want to do with this site, and ahead of the New Year (Chinese and Gregorian), too. Woot and woot. Two things were instrumental in the decision: Twitter, and The Title. Twitter is … Continue reading
Oo, love! Here’s one for my overboiled, bitter-steeped friends across th’ Pond: (seriously? i think i have a fetish for hip-hop with funny accents.) thanks to en_ki!
If you haven’t seen the incoming administration’s detailed agenda for Civil Rights…Save it for a bad moment, because it will make your day. I mean, I realized that Obama would probably be good on this topic, but this good? Civil … Continue reading
…by Emily Dickinson: It dropped so low in my regard I heard it hit the groundAnd go to pieces on the stones At bottom of my mind. Yet blamed the fate that fractured, less Than I reviled myselfFor entertaining plated … Continue reading